Hello Concessions Volunteers!
WELCOME TO JAYBA VOLUNTEERING FOR 2018!
JAYBA would like to thank you for participating in this league through volunteering at one of our events. This league could not operate without the efforts of the parents in coaching our players, preparing our fields, and volunteering throughout the season in various events. You are an invaluable part of this league and we thank you for all that you do.
As always, our volunteers are what allow this league to operate; therefore you must register for a volunteer option before completing player registrations. A minimum of 6 volunteer hours are required. At the time of registration, if you would prefer to opt out of volunteering, you will still need to register and select the "I choose not to volunteer" option. A fee of $100 per family will be added to anyone choosing not to volunteer, at the time of sign up.
To facilitate the volunteer process, please sign up for the desired position as soon as possible. If you are unable to sign up by May 1st, we will contact you to establish a time for you to volunteer. At that point, if the volunteer commitment seems impossible, you can opt out and pay the penalty of $250.00.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- The volunteer shift runs from 5:30-8:30. Please be on time.
- Please wear a hat. Food service gloves will be provided.
- The concession stand will be staffed by one trained employee and at least two volunteers. Our trained employee will be responsible for running the window and the point of sale device. The volunteers will be responsible for grilling, handling food, and assisting with opening/closing duties. A list of opening and closing duties are posted in the stand. A calendar indicating what activity is scheduled for the fields is also posted in the stand. Please refer to that when determining the appropriate amount of food to prepare.
- Another volunteer task is driving our new GOLF CART! Please note- only adults 18 or older can drive the cart. If there is a game going on up at Field One, we have coolers to pack a few of each concessions item and a cash box to do transactions. Please don’t make this a short order cook situation- we do not take orders. What you bring is what they get. After you are done grilling you can make a trip, and then maybe again each 30/45 min thereafter. The golf cart will also be used to assist in emptying/transporting garbages at the end of the night.
- Each volunteer is to complete a “pink sheet” at the end of their shift. Our employee will sign off that you worked and this will serve as documentation that you have fulfilled your obligation. Please don’t forget to complete this very important step before you leave for the evening.
- If you are unable to fulfill your shift, please contact the volunteer coordinators: Erik Eggleston or Aaron Wollman. They will assist you in finding other ways to fulfill your volunteer obligation.
- In the event of inclement weather, please pay attention to the JAYBA website and Facebook page. If the fields are closed, so is the concession stand. If the fields are closed due to weather, you will still receive credit for those hours.
Please let us know if you have any further questions. Again, thank you for your participation in the JAYBA program and we look forward to a great season!
HOW MANY HOURS DO I NEED TO COMPLETE?
You must complete 6 hours of volunteer efforts. 1 credit = 1 hour, so you may see credits or hours used interchangeably. Each registration event will list the number of credits (hours) that are fulfilled within the event. All events are for less than 6 hrs. You will need to sign up for more than 1 event in order to complete your commitment.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
By going to the Volunteers Headquarters tab and selecting Register Online. You will be able to select the appropriate category of events (Concessions, Field Work, or other volunteer options). From here, you will see a list of available time slots and also how many volunteers are needed for each time slot. When you find a slot that works for you, click register and log in to register yourself for this event. (If you've forgotten your password, simply enter your email address and your password will be emailed to you shortly.) If you wish to review the time slots you have registered for, simply go to the Edit My Account option under the Home Page Menu and log in to review your registrations. This will enable you to sign up at your convenience for the time slots that work best for you.
WHAT IF I STILL HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about volunteering, please send an email to us and we will try to answer your question as quickly as possible. If you have questions regarding the registration process or navigating the website, please contact Jayba.email@example.com.